On Sunday, July 11, 2010, Radio Riel will be broadcasting a very special program from 12:00am SLT to 12:00am SLT on Monday, July 12 to raise funds for Team New Babbage Relay for Life, which also includes the communities of New Toulouse and Seraph City. These 24 hours of programming on Radio Riel's Main stream are going to be determined by you, our listeners!
Each hour during the day will be up for grabs for a specific donation amount. Reserve an hour by paying the donation amount, and we will play the music of YOUR choice for that hour! Here are the parameters for the day's programming:
- We determined the pricing structure for the donations according to the number of listeners per hour that we have averaged on every Sunday in the month of June. Hours with more listeners are more expensive than lighter hours
- We priced the donations so we will raise $100,000 L in the 24 hours
- You can reserve as many hours as you want
- Your program must be from music that is already in the Radio Riel Music Library. We have an extensive and eclectic Library, so we should be able to meet your request, however as this project will be very labor intensive, we will not have time to track down "Bar Band Music from Springfield, Massachusetts from 1973 - 1977" or some other obscurity
- You can make one specific song request for your hour. Again, we won't have time to create an all-request playlist for you from scratch. If we do not have the song in our Library, then we will contact you to work out an appropriate solution
- If you are a DJ, you can reserve time on the schedule to play a live set if you wish, as long as you adhere to DMCA internet broadcasting rules. Talk to Gabrielle Riel if you need more information
- The Clarendon in New Babbage is at your disposal if you want to host an event there during your hour(s). We do ask that you do not place a tip jar, and that all tips and donations go into a Team New Babbage RFL kiosk
- We will post the day's program schedule on the Radio Riel blog, the Steamlander forums and at The Clarendon so you can see the sponsors and styles for each hour
If you would like to reserve an hour, please contact Gabrielle Riel (email@example.com) to pay your donation and to discuss your program, the sooner the better! We will work with you to the best of our ability, after a brief needs assessment, to play the program of your choice. Review the program schedule to see which hours are still available.
Be a part of the Riel Day for Life, support New Babbage RFL and the American Cancer Society in the fight to conquer cancer.