Caledon Oxbridge University is sponsoring a photography contest. There will be cash prizes and the winning works will be displayed in the new Hall of Caledon currently under construction on campus.
The new Hall will be a showcase for our beautiful nation. We are looking for high quality photographs of Caledon's natural (and unnatural) wonders, events and people.
1. Photographs must be taken in within the Independent State of Caledon. Photographs need not be recent, but the places/builds they portray must still exist.
2. Photographs must be submitted to Marion Questi not later than 2400 hrs SLT, Sunday, November 28, 2010.
3. Photographs must be full perm, large format textures enclosed within a full perm notecard (one photograph per notecard, please) containing the name of the photographer and the region in which it was taken, as well as any other information the photographer believes is necessary for it's full appreciation.
4. Enter as many times as you like.
5. Photographs will be judged on Creativity, Composition, Artistic Merit and, in particular, the effective portrayal of the character of the Independent State of Caledon.
6. Finalists will be selected by a committee of the Oxbridge Deans. First, Second and Third place winners will be selected from the finalists by a distinguished Panel of Judges. Additionally, Finalists will be placed on display for some period of time during which members of the public may view them and select a Peoples' Choice Winner.
First Place L$4000
Second Place L$1000
Third Place L$500
People's Choice TBD.
Winners will be announced in December.
8. Decisions of the Judges are final.
9. By submitting an entry, photographers automatically grant to The Guvnah a non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to use, reproduce, display and distribute the photographs as he sees fit.
If you have questions about the contest, please contact Marion Questi.